24 Sep Tagliatelle with Langostinos in Vermouth Cream Sauce
Posted at 09:26h in Fish
I just love this rich cream sauce, it’s divine. You can swap in any seafood you like, my favorite in Norway is to use crayfish! This is a plate that will make your dinner partner say WOW! Photography by Julia Cawley + Recipes & Food Styling by Saskia van Deelen + Text by Leigh Angel SERVES 2
You Will Need: 1 tablespoon butter 4 shallots, peeled and finely chopped 1 tablespoon flour 2 tablespoons sweet vermouth 11/2 cups fish stock 1 cup heavy cream 7 ounces tagliatelle dash lemon juice salt pepper, freshly ground 6 ounces precooked langostino meat(or use anything you like, shrimp, scallops etc.) 6 basil leaves, chopped
- Heat the butter in a small pan, and braise the shallots until translucent.
- Dust with flour, stir, and briefly sauté.
- Add vermouth and stir well.
- Add the fish stock and cream, and simmer gently for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Cook the tagliatelle in a saucepan in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Season the sauce with lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and beat briefly with a hand blender. Put the langostino meat in the sauce and let it soak through.
- Drain the tagliatelle. Spread across two plates, and pour the vermouth cream sauce on top.
- Finish with fresh basil.