23 Sep Strawberry Lavender Jam
Posted at 11:54h in Dessert
The floral magic of lavender elevates this classic strawberry jam to new heights. I love to eat this jam slathered thickly on hot buttered toast!
NOTE! Before making this recipe, you must do the following: 2.
Text by Sarah Oster Shasha | Photos by Liz Clayman
You will need:
3 lemons, juiced and zested
6 cups white sugar
5 pints of fresh strawberries, halved
2 tablespoons lavender (culinary or food grade only)
- Combine lemon zest, juice, and sugar in saucepan over low heat.
- Cook until sugar is dissolved.
- add in strawberries and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Cut out a square of cheesecloth and place lavender in center, making a small tied bundle.
- Place the bundle into the pot and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Discard the lavender bundle. 7. Fill warm, sterilized jars with jam.
- Fill warm, sterilized jars with jam.
- Clean rims of jars of any drips, and place lids on securely but not too tight.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and carefully lower jars in with tongs, making sure the water completely covers the jars.
- Process for 10 minutes.