13 Aug Lemon Curd Filled Sandwich Cookies
Lemon curd is the perfect compliment to the sweet sugar cookies.
Makes about 60
2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1⁄2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually blend in dry ingredients.
- Roll out the dough to a thin layer, and cut out hearts, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Cut out smaller hearts in the large ones for the sandwich cookies.
- Bake 8–10 minutes in the oven, or until golden.
- Let stand on cookie sheet 2 minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
- to make sandwich cookies, place a little lemon curd between 2 cookies and serve.
Photography by Susanna Blavarg