25 Sep Pistachio Bread
I love to give loaves of quick bread as gifts. They’re so easy to make and so obviously homemade, it’s really a perfect combination! I always tie a band around my loaves and I always gift them swaddled in a beautiful napkin or tea towel for the recipient to keep!
Watch my video to see how easy it is to wrap up your gift loaf!
You will need:
1 cup ground pistachio kernels
½ cup butter
⅔ cup sugar
2 large eggs
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1¾ cups all purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grind pistachios in a blender or food processor. (I like mine a little chunky still!)
- Cream together butter, sugar, and pistachios in a stand mixer for 2–3 minutes.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix on low until incorporated.
- Measure out and mix up your dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Turn mixer on low and pour in dry ingredients a little bit at a time. Mix on high for about 30 seconds.
- Butter a large loaf pan.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 40–50 minutes until golden and baked through.
Photography by Paul “Sweet Paul” Lowe