10 Aug Tuna Poke Bites
Posted at 18:28h in Appetizers & Tapas
Everyone loves a poke bowl these days, so why not turn them into bites? And don’t be afraid to cook sushi rice. It’s so easy and doable. The secret is rice vinegar.
You will need:
1 cup sushi rice
3 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 cup seaweed salad (You can buy at any sushi restaurant or good grocery store.)
5 ounces sushi-grade tuna
black sesame seeds
toasted sesame oil
- Start with the rice. Bring water and salt to a boil, and add the rice. Stir.
- Let the rice simmer until al dente, about 12 minutes.
- Drain off the water, and add the rice vinegar. Let it cool a little.
- Cut the tuna into small cubes.
- Form the rice into small circles, and place on a platter.
- Top with seaweed salad, tuna, and black sesame seeds.
- To finish, drizzle with a small amount of toasted sesame oil.