17 Aug Vegan Cheese Log with Thyme, Pistachio, & Pine Nut
This vegan cheese log is high in protein, full of good fats, and can be rolled in any mix of herbs, nuts, or dried fruit. It tastes very similar to a dairy cheese log made with goat’s cheese.
Makes 1 log
1 cup raw cashews, soaked, rinsed
1⁄2 cup blanched almonds, soaked rinsed
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1⁄3 cup water
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1⁄2 teaspoon flaked salt
2 teaspoons thyme, roughly chopped
2 shallots, thinly sliced
1⁄2 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- Using a high speed blender, process cashews, almonds, lemon juice, water, coconut oil, vinegar, and salt for 5 minutes over a medium speed.
- In a bowl, combine the thyme, shallots, and pistachios and evenly distribute over a 9”x9” piece of plastic wrap.
- Pour the cheeze mixture onto the plastic wrap and roll to form a sausage shape.
- Wrap with foil and place into the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to set.
- Serve with your choice of crackers and vegetable crudités.
Photography+food styling by Kristin Buesing