19 Sep Sweet Pita Chips with Brown Sugar & Honey
Posted at 00:03h in Appetizers & Tapas
The brown sugar and honey makes it sweet, but not too sweet.
12 pita breads
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon kardemom
1/4 cup almond slices
- Preheat oven to 400F, 220C.
- Cut the pitas into wedges and pull them apart.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and use a brush to brush it on the pita.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for about 5-7 minutes until golden.
- Be careful as they burn really easy.
Photography by Paul “Sweet Paul” Lowe