24 Sep Skagen Salad
Posted at 12:23h in Appetizers & Tapas
This mondays recipe is something very scandinavian. It’s called Skagen salad. Skagen is a wonderful town in Denmark, but I really have no idea why this salad is called Skagen? Does anyone know? Anyway it’s a great salad to serve as a starter on toast, a halved avocado or rolled up in cucumber like I have done in this picture.
Makes 3 cups
1 cup small shrimps, peeled and chopped
1 cup lump crab, chopped
1/2 cup cray fish tails, chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
4 tablespoons finely chopped dill
1/2 cup mayo
2 tablespoons lemon juice
salmon roe, to serve
1 english cucumber
- Mix shrimp, crab, cray fish, onion, dill, mayo and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut the cucumber in thin slices length wise.
- If you have a cheese slicer, use that.
- Roll up the slices and put them on a tray, fill with the salad and add a little or a lot salmon roe.
- Finish up with some dill.
Photography by Colin Cooke