24 Sep Scallops With Chili, Honey, & Wonton
Posted at 12:21h in Appetizers & Tapas
Wow, another Monday. Can someone please tell me where all the weeks go? Time just flies. Today’s recipe is a dish I was going to make my beloved yesterday but we went out to dinner instead. I find scallops to be the perfect little appetizer. They are easy to make and their sweet flavor complements other flavors perfectly. So, if you are looking for a little romance on a monday, this is the dish. A little sweet, a little spicy. The perfect combination. Enjoy!
- Heat the canola oil in a pan and fry the wonton sheets until puffy and golden.
- Let them cool off on kitchen paper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add chili and sauté for 30 sec.
- Add the scallops and honey.
- Cook the scallops 40 sec on each side.
- Add a little salt.
- Arrange wonton and spring onions on small plates, add the scallops.
- Drizzle the honey and chili mixture and serve while hot.
Great way to start a meal.
Photography by Ellen Silverman