10 Aug Rösti with Prosciutto & Raclette Cheese
Posted at 18:38h in Appetizers & Tapas
I grew up with rösti potatoes. We often made one large one, but making smaller bite-sized potato pancakes is just as easy. And topping just about anything with Swiss raclette cheese makes it better in my view. Not into grating potatoes? Just slice boiled potatoes and top with prosciutto and raclette.
MAKES 10 PIECES
You will need:
2 large russet potatoes
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 egg white
salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons butter
5 slices of prosciutto
6 ounces raclette cheese
- Grate the potatoes.
- Use your hands and squeeze out as much liquid from the potatoes as you can.
- Mix potatoes in a bowl with flour, egg white, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Heat the butter in a pan, and divide the batter into 10 flat small pancakes.
- Cook until golden on each side, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towel before arranging on a platter.
- Top with prosciutto.
- Place the cheese on a baking tray, and melt it under the broiler in the oven. Keep an eye on it—it melts fast.
- Top each rösti with cheese, and serve.
Photography by Paul “Sweet Paul” Lowe