18 Sep Rosemary Grissini
Posted at 03:32h in Appetizers & Tapas
A really fun way to make grissini. You are not supposed to eat the rosemary sprigs, you simply pull off the bread and enjoy! Small bits of the rosemary will stick to the bread and make it even more delicious.
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon dry yeast
2½ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt+ more
4 tablespoon olive oil+more
24 fresh rosemary twigs
- In a bowl, mix water, honey, and yeast.
- Leave it for 5 minutes so that the yeast starts to work.
- Add flour, salt, and oil, and work the dough together.
- Cover with plastic and let it rise for 1 hour.
- Cut the dough into 24 pieces and roll each piece into a long sausage.
- Roll the sausage in the rosemary and place on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Top with a little olive oil and some salt.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Photography by Paul “Sweet Paul” Lowe