17 Aug Ramp & Parsley Bread
Such a good bread, a mix of foccachia and pizza. The oil gives it that extra flavor and makes the bread really moist.
Makes 1 large bread
You will need:
For the Bread:
2 teaspoons dry yeast
11⁄3 cups lukewarm water
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
31⁄2 cups plain flour
For the Parsley Oil:
1 cup parsley leaves
1 clove garlic, chopped
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Mix yeast and water in a bowl.
- Leave for 5 minutes and add honey, salt, oil, and flour.
- Mix until you have a smooth dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Press the dough into a greased roasting pan.
- In a blender mix parsley, garlic, salt, and oil and blend until smooth.
- Add some of the oil to the bread and press oil and ramps into the dough.
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve with the extra parsley oil.