17 Aug Prawns in Tamarind Glaze on a Coconut Shell
Posted at 13:09h in Appetizers & Tapas
Serving in the coconut shell makes a great presentation!
You will need:
12 to 15 prawns
salt, to taste
1⁄2 cup tamarind paste
1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- With the help of a hammer, break coconuts in half. (You can also ask for them to be cut when you buy them.)
- Peel prawns and clean them. Leave the little tail for presentation.
- Boil water and add salt.
- Cook the prawns in boiling water for 3–4 minutes.
- Chill in cold water.
- Place the tamarind paste and coconut milk in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Mix in the prawns and glaze them. Serve in a fresh coconut bowl.
Styling by Matthew Robbins + Photography by Alexandra Grablewski