17 Aug Plantain Drums with Avocado Cream & Suero
Posted at 13:13h in Appetizers & Tapas
These appetizers are a cinch to make, and could be filled with almost anything if you don’t have avocados on hand!
You will need:
1 ripe plantain
2 tablespoons butter
1 Hass avocado
salt and pepper, to taste
- Peal the plantain, cut into small “drums”.
- Take the plantain drums to a quick boil.
- Scoop out some of the meat of the plantain to create a bowl.
- Place the drums in an oven pan and add butter on top of each one.
- Bake for 10 minutes until gold.
- Peel avocado.
- Blend avocado in a blender with lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Assemble the plantain drums by filling them with avocado cream and topping them with sour cream.
Styling by Matthew Robbins + Photography by Alexandra Grablewski