17 Aug Pizza Sticks
Posted at 13:05h in Appetizers & Tapas
This is the first recipe I ever made. I think I was around seven and I used some leftover puff pastry to make these pizza sticks. They became so popular with my family that I had to make them every time my parents had guests over. I always had them with some tomato sauce and a glass of milk.
Makes 12–15 sticks
You will need:
1⁄2 sheet puff pastry
all purpose flour
1⁄2 cup tomato paste or tomato sauce
1⁄2 cup grated Gruyère cheese, you can also use Asiago or Parmesan
1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out the puff pastry to almost double size using a little flour.
- Cut into 1⁄2” strips and place on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Brush on tomato paste and sprinkle with cheese and oregano.
- Bake until golden, about 12–14 minutes.
- Serve a la Paul, with a glass of milk.