17 Sep Pinwheel Tarts with Maple Syrup, Tomato & Manchego
A great way to use up leftover puff pastry.
1 sheet puff pastry
a little all-purpose flour
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup canned chopped tomatoes (I love the organic Muir Glen)
1 cup grated Manchego cheese (can also use Parmesan)
- Preheat oven to 410F.
- Roll the puff pastry out 30% in a little flour.Don’t make it to thin.
- Cut into long 1″ strips.
- Use a brush and cover each strip with some maple syrup.
- Top with about 1 tablespoon of tomato mixture on each strip.
- Roll the wheels gently together and place on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Top with cheese, some pepper and a little cheese.
- Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
Don’t worry if some of the tomato mixture falls out when you are rolling these – it will happen.