17 Sep Matbucha: Spicy Moroccan Tomato Dip
Posted at 22:52h in Appetizers & Tapas
Try this delicious dip and I guarantee you will add this to your tapas repertoire.
1 large green pepper
1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
28 oz can Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
sugar, to taste, about 1 tablespoon
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/4 cup olive oil
salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the pepper in an ovenproof dish and roast in it the oven until it starts to blister and turn black.
- Take it out and place in a plastic Ziplock bag.
- Leave until cool.
- Take it out, pull off the skin, and chop the pepper.
- In a pan add peppers, jalapeño, tomatoes, garlic, and chili.
- Let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes and taste to see if it needs sugar and salt.
- Add paprika and oil and let the mixture simmer and reduce until it’s very thick.
- Cool and serve with pita chips.
Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week.