24 Sep Honey toasted chèvre with tapenade
The perfect bite! I remember the first time I had hot chevre.It was a few years back in Paris. I can’t remember if it had honey on it or if that is something I added later. Now I can not eat hot chevre without a drizzle of honey, its like they where made for each other. The perfect Marriage. This is in my head the perfect appetizer. Sour cheese, sweet honey and the salty tapenade. It’s the perfect bite!
1 cup pitiless black olives
1 garlic close, chopped
2 tablespoons capers
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 thick slices of chèvre
4 tablespoons honey
- Place olives, garlic, capers and parsley on a work surface and chop together with a knife.
- It should be coarsely chopped together.
- Place in a bowl and stir in olive oil.
- Season with pepper.
- Place the chèvre on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Pour the honey over.
- Toast under the grill until golden, it goes very fast.
- Serve while still warm with the tapenade and some good bread.
Serve while still warm with the tapenade and some good bread.
Photography by Colin Cooke