21 Sep Fennel Seed Loaf
Posted at 13:10h in Appetizers & Tapas
An easy loaf with the wonderful anise flavor of fennel.
Makes 1 large loaf
You will need:
2 teaspoon active dry yeast
2 cups warm water
1 tablespoon honey
5 cups flour
1 tablespoon fennel seeds
3 tablespoons olive oil
fennel seeds to put on top
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water and honey. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Add flour a little at a time and stir well.
- Add fennel seeds, oil, and salt and stir until dough comes away from the bowl.
- Knead for 1 minute.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm area to rise, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Place dough on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Put a little oil on your fingers and press the dough down. It should cover the whole tray.
- Sprinkle with salt and fennel seeds.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Photography by Melina Hamme