21 Sep Espresso Maple Lacquered Bacon
Maple and espresso goodness coats every inch of this amazing bacon! You will probably want to double or triple or quadruple this recipe! Sweet. Salty. Perfection!
Recipe via Toby Smith of Toby’s Estate Coffee
Espresso Maple Syrup:
3 shots of Espresso
1⁄2 cup pure Maple Syrup – I love grade B
6 whole cardamom pods
1⁄2 pound of thick-cut, nitrate-free smoked bacon (approximately 6–8 slices)
1⁄4 cup Espresso Maple Syrup (recipe above)
- For the maple syrup, stir together the espresso and the syrup.
- add the cardamom pods and let steep together in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the cardamom pods and it’s ready to use!
- For the bacon, preheat oven to 350°F.
- lay the bacon out on a sheet pan.
- Bake in the oven, turning once, until bacon is mostly crisp but not too dry.
- Remove from the pan.
- Brush 1⁄2 teaspoon of the espresso-maple syrup on each slice of bacon and let cool a bit before devouring.
Photography by Susanna Blavarg