21 Sep Chicken Liver Pate with Roasted Grapes
I love a good pate!
Makes 2 cups
You will need:
1 stick unsalted butter, divided
1 shallot, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lb chicken livers, trimmed and rinsed
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
3 tablespoons cognac|
1 cup red grapes
1 tablespoons olive oil
toasted baguette or crackers
- In a large sauté pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Add shallot and garlic and cook until softened and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Pat livers dry and add to pan. Sauté until browned, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and spices and cook 1 minute.
- Add cognac and cook over high heat until almost all absorbed for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor and run until smooth, adding remaining butter 1 tablespoon at a time, until all incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss grapes and olive oil together to coat and spread out on a sheet pan.
- Roast for 25 minutes, shaking and smashing lightly with a fork or potato masher halfway through roasting.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving with baguette or crackers and side dish of roasted grapes.
Food+Styling by Carrie Purcell | Photography by Andrew Purcell