17 Aug Chicken Liver Pâté
Posted at 10:54h in Appetizers & Tapas
This version is more chicken liver and less butter, so you can eat it any and all the time. It’s perfect served on grilled bread topped with sour cherry compote.
You will need:
3 shallots, thinly sliced
1 lb chicken livers
6 springs thyme, leaves and tips only
2 large pinches Maldon salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, +more for storing
pinch of cinnamon
1 tablespoon dark rum
- Place shallots, chicken livers, thyme, and 1⁄3 cup water in a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Bring to a simmer and turn down to medium low.
- Simmer until chicken livers are cooked through, 3–5 minutes.
- Pour into a food processor.
- Add the salt, butter, cinnamon, and rum.
- Process until smooth.
- Transfer the pâté to your favorite small jars/ramekins, cover lightly with plastic wrap, and chill overnight.
- If you don’t plan to eat it right away, cover with a thin layer of melted butter to seal, cool until hardened, then wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 2 months.
I love keeping some ramekins in the freezer to break out for last minute entertaining. Leave it out at room temperature for an hour or 2 and it’s ready to serve!
Photography+food+styling by Linda Pugliese | Food+styling by Jeanne Lurvey