18 Sep Caramelized Onion & Olive Puff Pastry Tart
Posted at 17:18h in Appetizers & Tapas
This tart is so easy and decadently buttery and rich!
1 sheet puff pastry
4 tablespoons olive oil
5 large onions, peeled and thinly sliced
4 tablespoons water
1 cup Kalamata olives
salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F, 220C.
- Roll out the puff pastry so that it fits on a baking tray covered in parchment paper.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté the onions on medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Add water and stir until the onions are golden and soft.
- Place on top of the puff pastry.
- Add olives and thyme.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden and puffy, about 12 minutes.
These tarts can be served warm and cold.
Photography by Colin Cook