10 Aug Butter Dipped Radishes
Posted at 18:57h in Appetizers & Tapas
A classic French treat, perfect to serve with any cocktail.
You will need:
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
2 bunches breakfast radishes
salt (I used pink sea salt)
toasted sesame seeds, white and/or black
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Use a spoon to remove the cloudy top layer of the butter. Now you have clarified butter.
- Clean the radishes, and leave one stem on each. It’s pretty and serves as a handle when you eat them.
- Dip the radishes in butter, place on a plate, and cool in the fridge.
- After 10 minutes dip them again and cool.
- Dip them a third time, and sprinkle with salt and sesame seeds.
- Plate and serve.
Photography by Paul “Sweet Paul” Lowe